Thursday, October 7, 2010

Tarot Cards

I little while ago, a neighbor down our street in Lunenburg dropped into the studios and thought my work had a lot in common with the symbolism in Tarot cards. He reads cards and offered to show me his deck and explain the ideas involved in it. 

We had a wonderful afternoon eating chocolate and going through each card, dissecting its meaning. It was topped off by a reading for each of us in the studio for the upcoming weekend, which was our opening. His reading was spot on. 


Kevin the Magician





Since then, I have started reading Women Who Run with the Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estees.


It's amazing. I am encouraged to continue collecting stories about women here in Lunenburg. She talks about Jungian ideas about the therapeutic aspects of creating art to repair the soul, something I was exploring in my past work. I am learning so much!

1 comment:

  1. The alignment of the planets is creating positive energy that will favorably change the lives of those who know how to take advantage of it. I’ll explain everything in detail.

    Have a private consultation before it’s too late, especially because it is totally free, by following this link: => The alignment of the planets is creating positive energy

    With my most warm friendship,

    Ashima

    ReplyDelete