Thursday, October 7, 2010

Tarot Cards

I little while ago, a neighbor down our street in Lunenburg dropped into the studios and thought my work had a lot in common with the symbolism in Tarot cards. He reads cards and offered to show me his deck and explain the ideas involved in it. 

We had a wonderful afternoon eating chocolate and going through each card, dissecting its meaning. It was topped off by a reading for each of us in the studio for the upcoming weekend, which was our opening. His reading was spot on. 


Kevin the Magician





Since then, I have started reading Women Who Run with the Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estees.


It's amazing. I am encouraged to continue collecting stories about women here in Lunenburg. She talks about Jungian ideas about the therapeutic aspects of creating art to repair the soul, something I was exploring in my past work. I am learning so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment